The DSi Difference: Business Results & Competitive Advantage from Delivering Cyber Resilience.
By accessing the website at https://www.datasecurityinspector.com, you are agreeing to be bound by these terms of service, all applicable laws and regulations, and agree that you are responsible for compliance with any applicable local laws. If you do not agree with any of these terms, you are prohibited from using or accessing this site. The materials contained in this website are protected by applicable copyright and trademark law.
- Use License
- Permission is granted to temporarily download one copy of the materials (information or software) on DSi Interactive Property Ltd’s website for personal, non-commercial transitory viewing only. This is the grant of a license, not a transfer of title, and under this license you may not:
- modify or copy the materials;
- use the materials for any commercial purpose, or for any public display (commercial or non-commercial);
- attempt to decompile or reverse engineer any software contained on DSi Interactive Property Ltd’s website;
- remove any copyright or other proprietary notations from the materials; or
- transfer the materials to another person or “mirror” the materials on any other server.
- This license shall automatically terminate if you violate any of these restrictions and may be terminated by DSi Interactive Property Ltd at any time. Upon terminating your viewing of these materials or upon the termination of this license, you must destroy any downloaded materials in your possession whether in electronic or printed format.
- The materials on DSi Interactive Property Ltd’s website are provided on an ‘as is’ basis. DSi Interactive Property Ltd makes no warranties, expressed or implied, and hereby disclaims and negates all other warranties including, without limitation, implied warranties or conditions of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, or non-infringement of intellectual property or other violation of rights.
- Further, DSi Interactive Property Ltd does not warrant or make any representations concerning the accuracy, likely results, or reliability of the use of the materials on its website or otherwise relating to such materials or on any sites linked to this site.
In no event shall DSi Interactive Property Ltd or its suppliers be liable for any damages (including, without limitation, damages for loss of data or profit, or due to business interruption) arising out of the use or inability to use the materials on DSi Interactive Property Ltd’s website, even if DSi Interactive Property Ltd or a DSi Interactive Property Ltd authorized representative has been notified orally or in writing of the possibility of such damage. Because some jurisdictions do not allow limitations on implied warranties, or limitations of liability for consequential or incidental damages, these limitations may not apply to you.
- Accuracy of materials
The materials appearing on DSi Interactive Property Ltd’s website could include technical, typographical, or photographic errors. DSi Interactive Property Ltd does not warrant that any of the materials on its website are accurate, complete or current. DSi Interactive Property Ltd may make changes to the materials contained on its website at any time without notice. However DSi Interactive Property Ltd does not make any commitment to update the materials.
DSi Interactive Property Ltd has not reviewed all of the sites linked to its website and is not responsible for the contents of any such linked site. The inclusion of any link does not imply endorsement by DSi Interactive Property Ltd of the site. Use of any such linked website is at the user’s own risk.
DSi Interactive Property Ltd may revise these terms of service for its website at any time without notice. By using this website you are agreeing to be bound by the then current version of these terms of service.
- Governing Law
These terms and conditions are governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of UK and you irrevocably submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts in that State or location.
Your privacy is important to us.
- We will collect personal information by lawful and fair means and, where appropriate, with the knowledge or consent of the individual concerned.
- Before or at the time of collecting personal information, we will identify the purposes for which information is being collected.
- We will collect and use personal information solely for fulfilling those purposes specified by us and for other ancillary purposes, unless we obtain the consent of the individual concerned or as required by law.
- Personal data should be relevant to the purposes for which it is to be used, and, to the extent necessary for those purposes, should be accurate, complete, and up-to-date.
- We will protect personal information by using reasonable security safeguards against loss or theft, as well as unauthorized access, disclosure, copying, use or modification.
- We will make readily available to customers information about our policies and practices relating to the management of personal information.
- We will only retain personal information for as long as necessary for the fulfilment of those purposes.
DSi Interactive Property Ltd (“DSi“, we or us) are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
INFORMATION WE MAY COLLECT FROM YOU
We may collect and process the following information about you:
- Information you provide to us. You may provide us with information by filling in forms on our website(s) or by corresponding with us by phone, e-mail or otherwise. This includes information you provide when you register for an account or subscribe, contact estate agents via forms or phone numbers made available on our website, enter a competition, promotion or survey, provide feedback and/or when you report a problem with our website. The information you give us may include your name, address, e-mail address and phone number.
- Information we collect about you. When you visit our website(s) we may automatically collect information about your computer, including your IP address, information about your visit, your browsing history, and how you use our website(s). This information may be combined with other information you provide to us, as described above.
- Information we receive from other sources. We may receive information about you if you use any of the other websites we operate or the other services we provide. We are also working closely with third parties (including, for example, business partners, service providers, advertising networks, analytics providers, and search information providers) and may receive information about you from them. This information may be combined with other information you provide to us, as described above.
HOW WE USE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We use personal information about you in connection with the following purposes:
- Fulfilling your requests:
- to provide you with the information, products and services that you request from us;
- to administer any promotion or competition that you enter via our website(s); and
- to allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so.
- to provide you, or permit other DSi Group Companies, or selected third parties to provide you, with information about goods or services that may interest you;
- to customise or enhance your experience on our website(s) and services, including via the display of adverts and direct communications you receive from us which may be based on your activity on our website(s) or the website of another DSi Group Company;
- to measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising we serve to you and others, and to deliver relevant advertising to you, which may be based on your activity on our website(s) or the website of another DSi Group Company; and
- to make suggestions and recommendations to you and other users of our website about goods or services that may interest you or them, which may be based on your activity on our website(s) or the website of another DSi Group Company.
- Service improvements and account management:
- to notify you about changes to our service and to send you service emails relating to your account;
- to administer our website(s) and for internal business administration and operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
- to provide information and services to estate agents that allow them to monitor and benchmark their own performance; and
- as part of our efforts to keep our website(s) safe and secure.
SHARING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We may share your personal information in connection with the purposes above with any other DSi Group Company.
We may also share your personal information with third parties in the following circumstances:
- Business partners, suppliers and sub-contractors for the performance of any contract we enter into with them or you.
- Advertisers and advertising networks and other third parties that require the data to select and serve relevant adverts to you and others.
- Analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of our website(s). Your personal information is generally shared in a form that does not directly identify you.
We may also share your personal information with third parties:
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal information to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets, along with its professional advisers. If DSi or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, personal information held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
- If required in order to obtain professional advice.
WHERE WE STORE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our website, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your information transmitted to our website; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal information for marketing purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking or unchecking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data, unsubscribing via any marketing emails we send or amending your details in DSi.
Our website may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers, affiliates or other third parties. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal information to these websites.
ACCESS TO INFORMATION
The Act gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act. Any access request may be subject to a fee of £10 to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.
WEBSITE PRIVACY STATEMENT
You have the right to contact us in order to remove consent, to correct, or to erase your personal data at any time, where relevant. Any questions regarding this Policy and our privacy practices, and/or if you wish to request a copy of your personal information, a request should be sent via email to our Data Protection Officer:
DSi identifies itself as a Data Controller and Data Processor under Data Protection law.
As a Data Controller under the Data Protection Act (1998) and the GDPR (2018), DSi adheres strictly to our legal duty to protect any personal information we collect from you.
DSi does not capture and store any personal information about individuals who access this web site, except where you voluntarily choose to give us your personal details via email, or by using an electronic form, or enquiring about any of our services. In these circumstances, the personal information that you give us will only be used to provide the information or service you have requested.
Personal information is not disclosed to third parties unless this is indicated on the web page and / or relevant form at the point of collecting information from you, or as required by law.
We automatically collect statistical data about usage patterns on our website. This information is not used to identify any individual. It is only collected to provide us with an understanding of the areas of interest on our site and kept only for as long as required for this purpose.
Supporter Data Privacy Notice
- DSi Interactive Property identifies itself as a Data Controller. You may lodge a complaint with the ICO in the event of DSi Interactive Property’s non-compliance with EU Data Protection law.
- You have the right to contact us in order to remove consent, to correct, amend, or to erase your personal data at any time, where relevant. Where your information is required for statutory recordkeeping purposes, we reserve the right under UK Data Protection law not to comply with your request.
- Any questions regarding this Policy and our privacy practices, and/or if you wish to review or request a copy of your personal information, email our Data Protection Officer:
- DSi Interactive Property uses various applications to administer your personal data. We do not use these tools to perform profiling or any kind of automated decision-making about you or your organisation.
- DSi Interactive Property would like to hold your personal data in electronic database form, including the use of cloud-based applications. DSi Interactive Property make sure to select cloud providers who provide suitable guarantees over the privacy and rights associated with your personal data.
- We will keep your personal data for at least the minimum statutory period allowed, normally in the case of financial records this is 6 years. Please note that DSi Interactive Property has a legitimate interest in retaining your personal data for legal and financial record keeping purposes.
- DSi Interactive Property will not give your data to any third parties unless required for the proper administration of your account and for the avoidance of doubt, will never give your personal details to third parties for marketing or other non-essential purposes.
- In order to administer the company and keep records, DSi Interactive Property uses 3rd-party providers that host data outside of the EU. All such providers commit to the US-EU Privacy Shield and are committed to keeping your data safe. Where appropriate, the providers align to the ISO 27001 standards of data governance.
- As an integral part of fulfilling its contractual remit to its clients, DSi Interactive Property keeps its clients informed of relevant news and non-promotional information via a monthly email newsletter. DSi Interactive Property will ask you for your consent to use email for marketing or promotional purposes and will provide the means to opt out at any time.
- In order to make sure we do not bother you with irrelevant emails, we also retain your communications preferences on a database that has tools for bulk emailing. Your main contact details will be kept for an indefinite period, or until you inform us that you wish us to erase your data or unsubscribe from DSi Interactive Property communications altogether.
- We cannot absolutely guarantee the security of any information that you transmit to us via the internet and remind you that you do so at your own risk. All personal details-Personally Identifiable Information (PII)-are held on encrypted devices, protected with password protection which where possible is 2-factor authenticated.
Updated: May 2019